Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Time to Garden

Spring is here!!!

So glad to know that warm weather is on the way! A couple of weekends ago, my husband and daughter finished putting together my raised garden beds. I am just so happy with how they turned out...and I cannot wait to get some yummy veggies and pretty flowers planted!

Of course, Sophia was so anxious to help daddy out! She helped shovel dirt and make the beds nice and pretty. She loves getting in her boots and trodding around in the dirt. She feels so important and loves to help!

Below are some pictures of her wonderful garden building skills! I hope you enjoy them as much as we do...our girl is just the best!


Sophia and her ever present, "Cheese!" for the camera!

Ready for the next load of dirt!
Shoveling the next load into the garden form
A future Master Gardener!









6 comments:

Natalie said...

Ahhhh, what a super big helper! You look like an amazing gardner! I can't do it but every year I try.
I can't wait to see it full bloom. Don't forget to post those photo's.

Clint and Jennifer said...

Thanks for stopping in at our blog, Kari. Your daughter is so beautiful- and how fun to know another Yangxi family. We are so blessed, aren't we?
I'm envious of your raised beds! I have wanted those for 4 years now, but I finally decided it would never happen so we dug out some dirt from a bed in the backyard, tilled in some organic compost, made a nice raised "row" and I planted my first garden since I've been in California. It's not exactly what I wanted (YOURS is exactly what I wanted! LOL) but I am glad just to have something now.
Good luck with your veggies & flowers! I will check back to see progress... how I love to watch them grow! I bet it will be so fun with Sophie too.
Enjoy!
Jennifer

Tanya said...

Hi,

Found your blog through Natalie's! Your daughter is very cute. We travelled with Natalie to get our daughter Gracie who is also from YangXi.

Tanya

Michelle said...

Hi Kari. My e-mail program is down on my computer and I couldn't find your e-mail address so I thought I would try contacting you here.

Guess what I found on my front porch when I got home on Friday?

Your package! The one that I(my husband) had sent YOU!

I almost cried when I saw it. Apparently my husband didn't put enough postage on it and it came back to me!

Argh! I am so sorry! That's what I get for leaving my husband in charge of it :) Apprantly he printed out the postage off of the computer and it wasn't enough.

I have re-packaged it and I will personally be delivering it to the post office tomorrow on my lunch break.

I'm sorry!

Tricia said...

Hello!!!! I am so glad you sent me a comment! I will be reading your blog this weekend! I actually went to your myspace page awhile back and was looking at your adorable daughter! We got to see our kids pics today and they are absolutely georgous!!!

Natalie said...

Hey Kari. Boy are you behind on blogging my friend. Came for a visit to see more pictures of your beauty!
Miss Ya
Natalie