I don't know how else to describe my feelings right now. My daughter is the most "awe"some thing that has ever happened to me! She consistently amazes me each and every day...and sometimes it leaves my head spinning!
Tonight, we did something very simple and ordinary...we watched WALL-e for like the 5th or 6th time...except, she actually sat WITH ME and WATCHED THE WHOLE MOVIE! She repeated several words and sounds...got scared when WALL-e or EVE were in peril and laughed when I laughed, cheered when I cheered. When she saw WALL-e clasp his hands, she clasped hers. By the end of the movie, she was sitting on my lap and grabbed my hands to wrap them and my arms around here and we hummed along with the closing song. "AWE"some!
Every day, I find myself more and more amazed and in wonder at this precious little creature I call my daughter. She's so stinkin' smart...I mean SMART! She has the best maniacal laugh ever and her capacity for tenderness knows no bounds. She can at once raise my blood pressure and then lower it in a split second! Her independence and feistiness are amazing...reminds me of someone I know VERY well! ;)
So, I had to right about this wonderful day and wonderful past 17 months with Sophia. Every day brings new discoveries and wonder...for both of us! I am TRULY blessed beyond measure...MY CUP RUNNETH OVER!!!!!!





3 comments:
What a sweet, swwet post about your 'baby' girl! Enjoy these moments!
Hugs, Jill
WAY TO GO Sophia!! You are incredibly smart and beautiful!
HI Kari,
I am so glad you stopped by and OF COURSE you can follow along!
Wow you Sophia is a dollie! I love your posts, the first is so true and this one, just makes me smile;))
Our daughter too amazes me everyday. I guess in someways we have watched them go from babies to toddlers in a year, catching up on all kinds of milestones because of the love and nurturing we provide.
It's a beautiful time! Take advantage of it!
Hugs from NJ
Ivy
Post a Comment